Ceramic tile is one of the most attractive, durable, and cost-effective materials used in home renovations today. It’s not only a great choice for floors in kitchens, bathrooms, sunrooms, and a range of other areas, but also works great as backsplash material, fireplace/hearth tile, shower/bath tile, or as an accent. It’s little wonder that ceramic installations are one of the most requested services for our Tampa-area handyman service.
Are you considering ceramic tile for your next home improvement project? As Tampa’s go-to handyman service, the team at ANDY OnCall® has seen how much of a difference ceramic makes in any home. Below we’ve listed five of the core advantages to choosing ceramic tile along with the one short-term drawback to ceramic.
Ceramic Tile Advantages
Ceramic tile has a wide range of benefits making it an incredibly popular home improvement material. At ANDY OnCall Tampa, we’ve seen these benefits time and time again. Some of the core advantages that our handyman service clients in the Tampa area have seen with a ceramic tile installation include:
- Visual Appeal. Ceramic comes in a wide range of gorgeous finishes. Some of the most attractive and popular choices include stone-finish ceramic and high-gloss glazed ceramic.
- Design Flexibility. Ceramic offers an almost endless variety of sizes, shapes, and colors, allowing you to achieve a wide range of looks for your home.
- Durability. Ceramic tile lasts can last for decades without sustaining serious damage. It can also help prevent water damage to your home, which is part of why it’s so popular in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Adaptability. Most Americans don’t usually think of ceramic as a “use anywhere” material, but it’s attractive look and cooling properties make it a popular choice for living rooms, dining rooms, and even bedrooms in other parts of the world, like Europe.
- Low Maintenance. Ceramic is a breeze to maintain and can be easily cleaned with just water, a mop, and a tiny bit of dish soap.
Ceramic Tile Disadvantages
There are few disadvantages to ceramic tile. While ceramic often has a slightly higher upfront cost than other flooring or wall tile options, those costs are almost always offset by money saved down the road. The marginally higher cost of purchasing and installing ceramic is easily made up for by its durability, its low-maintenance profile, and the value it adds to your home.
Tampa Handyman Ceramic Tile Services
ANDY OnCall® is the Tampa area’s go-to handyman service for ceramic tile installation. If you’re installing ceramic tile in your home, our team can make sure that you see all the benefits of a high-quality professional installation.
To learn more about our ceramic tile installations — or any of our other handyman services for the Tampa area — call ANDY OnCall® today at (813) 961-2600.