Installing a tile backsplash in your kitchen is a great way to beautify your home, protect the walls behind your sink and stove, and add value to your home. It’s also a budget-friendly home improvement project, giving you the chance to update your kitchen without completely rehauling your cabinets or swapping out major appliances.
As Tampa’s trusted handyman service, the team at ANDY OnCall® Tampa can make your tile backsplash installation a simple, stress-free, and successful project. Thanks to our experience, we can also help you make key decisions about your project, including finding the right materials, choosing the right look, and planning ahead to avoid common problems and delays.
Choosing Tile Backsplash Materials
When installing a kitchen backsplash, you’ll have plenty of different types and styles of tile options to choose from. Here are a few of the most commonly used tile types for kitchen backsplashes and their basic pros and cons:
- Ceramic. Ceramic tiles are a durable and affordable choice, and rarely lead to issues with installation. Ceramic is an excellent all-around choice, but some trendier styles can cost more than others.
- Porcelain. Technically a type of ceramic tile, porcelain is fired at a higher temperature than other ceramics. It is attractive and easy to clean, but requires special steps during installation.
- Stone. Stone creates a gorgeous, natural look to any backsplash, but it can be a significant investment. Stone tiles are typically pricier and require regular sealing to prevent water damage.
- Glass. Glass tiles almost always require professional installation due to their fragility and the difficulty of installation. That said, they can give your backsplash a “wow” factor that other types of tile can’t.
Tile Backsplash Design Tips
One great thing about installing a tile backsplash is how much flexibility you have when it comes to design. Tile is available in a wide range of shapes, sizes, patterns, and colors. Some of the design trends we see in tile backsplashes include:
- Mixing and matching tiles — either by size, shape, or color — to create a unique pattern or design.
- Saving money by using expensive, eye-catching tiles as accents to less-expensive ceramic or porcelain.
- Extending the backsplash around the room to create a wrapped-in appearance.
Call Tampa’s Trusted Handyman Service
If you’re thinking of installing a tile backsplash in your kitchen, you will benefit from having a professional’s help. As one of the area’s most trusted handyman services, ANDY OnCall Tampa is the perfect choice for any backsplash installation. Our handymen provide Tampa homeowners with free, in-person estimates, can help you plan your backsplash project in detail, and offer the assurance of professional craftsmanship on every job.
Choose Tampa’s trusted handyman service for your kitchen backsplash installation. Call ANDY OnCall Tampa at (813) 961-2600 today to schedule your free in-person estimate.